about 1 month ago
Seeking Tier 2 /L2 Desktop / Technical Support professional to work for our top Retail Client.
This job is on site in Suwanee, GA 30024 and rate is $25-28 per hour w2 with benefits
Provides strategic and operational support to the ITI (Information Technology Infrastructure) Enterprise Desktop Support team. The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for providing software and hardware technical support to the end-user community. Responsibilities include involvement in client installations, day to day asset management, vendor warranty repairs, and participation in projects to meet local and company-wide initiatives. Additionally, this position will support a customer care philosophy that ensures customer satisfaction and follow up with colleagues and end users, to ensure timely resolution of issues. The ability to assist with projects between internal departments is required. Strong relationships with IT departments and key customers are crucial to success
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide first level desktop support, which includes centralized incident, problem, and service request resolution for customers.
- Maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, and repair computer systems and peripherals.
- Represent the interests of our customers by providing support and appropriate escalation to Desktop Support L2 Technician.
- Participate on projects that require Tech Ops involvement.
- Develop technical documentation to add to the department knowledgebase to ensure appropriate knowledge transfer and knowledge sharing.
- Monitoring service levels with internal customers and vendors.
- Document changes of IT assets such as status and ownership.
- A combination of the experience, education, and training listed below which provides an equivalent background to perform the work of this position.
- Three or more years of relevant professional work experience in supporting an enterprise desktop environment.
- Candidates need to have verifiable expertise with:
- Current Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Presentation of technical information
- Participation in projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Mentoring others
- Candidates should have advance knowledge of:
- ITIL Fundamentals
- Working with service levels
- ITSM tools
- Candidates should be familiar with:
- Working as a member of a large enterprise IT team
- Desktop Systems Management tools such as SCCM
- Supporting retail and warehouse environment
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Required: ITIL v3 Foundations
- Required: Formal training in Network Infrastructure
- Required: Formal training in IT Facilities Management
- Required: A + Certification
- Desired: Network + Certification
- Desired: Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or an equivalent combination of education and 2 years minimum in IT management
- Desired: Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Desired: Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP)
- Desired: Formal training in IT Asset Management
Dexian is a leading provider of staffing, IT, and workforce solutions with over 12,000 employees and 70 locations worldwide. As one of the largest IT staffing companies and the 2nd largest minority-owned staffing company in the U.S., Dexian was formed in 2023 through the merger of DISYS and Signature Consultants. Combining the best elements of its core companies, Dexian's platform connects talent, technology, and organizations to produce game-changing results that help everyone achieve their ambitions and goals.
Dexian's brands include Dexian DISYS, Dexian Signature Consultants, Dexian Government Solutions, Dexian Talent Development and Dexian IT Solutions. Visit https://dexian.com/ to learn more.
Dexian is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.