15 days ago
Senior R&D Electrical Design Engineer - Energy Systems
We are searching for a versatile, hardworking engineer who is ready to learn and grow in their career while also helping our company improve surgical outcomes and helping patients heal faster. After initial onboarding and with continued mentorship, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating in the definition, design, development, implementation, and integration of surgical products and capital equipment in a multi-functional team.
- Driving product development efforts across the Energy organization by partnering with and influencing internal R&D teams and external manufacturers.
- Translating high-level customer needs into technical options and analyzing the tradeoffs and business impact.
- Participating in technical design reviews of product and/or system requirements, specifications, designs, obsolescence replacement efforts, etc.
- Working with internal R&D and external manufacturing processes that could include: PCBA manufacturing (SMT, Wave, BGA/PGA), Box build, component obsolescence, cable manufacturing/assembly, analog and digital circuit design, micro-electronics, motors, gearboxes, wire harnesses, power supplies, LCD displays, PCBA's, rigid/flex circuits, assembly test equipment, EPROM's, ASIC's, transducers, HiPot testing, electrical safety testing, Automated Optical Inspection (AOI), X-Ray inspection, in-circuit testing, and PCBA functional testing, root cause analysis, and Software Validation.
- Contributing to all aspects of design control activities throughout the product lifecycle - including both New Product Development and post-launch Lifecycle Engineering.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related Engineering focus is required
- A minimum of (5) years of work experience in either electro-mechanical manufacturing, medical device design, PCBA design, and/or Electrical Engineering design is required.
- Ability to explain (both written and verbal) sophisticated technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences is required.
The following preferred skills are key to success in this position:
- Experience designing, developing, and launching medical products.
- Strong electrical design and analysis skills, including an understanding of electrical systems and subsystem to overall system design. This will include digital, analog, and communications technologies. Knowledge of electronic manufacturing is also key to this role.
- Strong collaboration and teaming skills to work with manufacturing engineering and suppliers to understand the considerations associated with Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design to Cost (DTC), and working with other team members to produce prototypes and optimize designs for manufacturability.
- Experience with defining test acceptance criteria, developing test methods, and creating test protocols/reports. Building prototypes, products, and systems for testing; along with setting up and running laboratory simulations is desired.
- Demonstrated ability working across subject areas with internal and external partners while supporting multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong collaboration, proven technical leadership capabilities, and conflict resolution skills.
- Analytical, creative thinking, and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources.
This position will be located in Cincinnati, OH and may require up to 10% domestic and international travel.
No direct staff responsibility.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is multifaceted and evolving? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC (DISYS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.