23 days ago
Job Title: Python Developer/Data Engineer
Location: Hybrid Onsite (3 days onsite in Mclean, VA)
Duration: 9-12+ months Contract
Must Haves: 6+ years of hands-on Python development experience using PySpark, XML, Json. Database side they need to have experience with SQL using Hive. 6+ years of experience with Hadoop is mandatory. Preference for Snowflake. Hands- on experience with Cloud technologies is preference and could result in contract extensions supporting future projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Data science or a related quantitative field.
- 5+ years of experience in processing large volumes and variety of data (Structured and unstructured data, writing code for parallel processing, XMLS, JSONs, PDFs)
- 5+ years of programming experience in Hadoop, Spark, Python for data processing and analysis.
- Strong SQL experience is a must
- 5+ years of experience using Hadoop platform and performing analysis. Familiarity with Hadoop cluster environment and configurations for resource management for analysis work
- 2+ Prior experience working in Cloud platforms AWS. Kubernetes experience is highly desirable
- Hands on Work experience using technologies for manipulating structured and unstructured big data. Big data technologies may include-but are not limited to-Hadoop, Hive, Spark, relational databases, and NoSQL .
- Desired prior experience with MPP Databases like SnowFlake.
- Detail oriented and superb communication and written skills
- Must be able to prioritize and meet deadlines
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC (DISYS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.