26 days ago
Digital Intelligence Solutions (DISYS) is seeking a Senior Database Engineer/Architect to provide Clinical data solutions for Healthcare informatics efforts as part of that team that designs, develops, and delivers a large-scale Data Mart solution.
We are looking for a highly motivated professional with advanced database architectural, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills who is interested in a multi-year position in a senior-level capacity.
- Design, develop and optimize large, complex DB schemas, SQL scripts and objects to meet application functionality and performance requirements.
- Working cohesively with stakeholders including data, design, product, and executive teams and assisting them with data-related technical issues.
- Working closely with application developers and business teams at all levels to assist with data-related technical issues and help ensure the successful designing and delivering data driven solutions.
- Implement processes and procedures for the development and release of products/projects that facilitate high quality and rapid deployment
- Provide solutions to promote data integrity in enterprise systems.
- Participate in code reviews to validate effectiveness and quality of code.
- Liaise with Developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Publish documentation and collaborative information using internal tools.
- Expertise in Database Architecture in an environment that handles large volume of data, excess of 500 million of new data records every day.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills. This job involves analyzing existing databases and the client's needs to develop effective data driven solutions.
- Demonstrate expertise in performance tuning including both query and server optimization utilizing SQL tools and/or 3rd party solutions.
- Strong knowledge and experience in data modeling, database design, optimization for performance, SQL, stored procedures.
- Expertise in understanding complex business needs, analyzing, designing, and developing solutions.
- Hands-on development experience in SQL Server 2016 or above using SSIS and SSRS.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving data related issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Expertise in performance tuning especially tuning complex queries, procedure, and indexing strategies.
- Monitor and perform tuning on complex ETL jobs using meta-data/variables/parameters.
- Performance tuning experience using 3rd party tools.
- Audit/compliance experience in highly regulated environment.
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence as part of development life cycle.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau, SSRS, Power BI.
- Familiar with Continual Improvement processes.
- Familiar with Git.
- 8 years + relational database and SQL experience
- Creativity, curiosity, initiative, and self-management are key attributes candidate embodies.
- Solid experience (4 years +) in coding complex SQL queries and stored procedures. The ability to explain the details of performance tuning internals of the database.
- Strong understanding of database development methodologies (Source Control, Continual improvement, Release Management, Agile and Scrum)
- Experience with Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo) and Test-Driven Development (TDD) a big plus Experience with Red Gate Tools a plus (SQL Source Control, SQL Compare, SQL Data Compare, DLM).
- Healthcare domain knowledge a big plus.
- BS or equivalent in engineering or related technical area
- Master's degree preferred
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC (DISYS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.