about 1 month ago
The Senior Mechanical Engineer serves to work in a fast-paced multi-discipline team environment. The position responsibilities primarily are focused on the design of mechanical systems for new facilities, additions, and renovation projects. This will require providing technical leadership for the creation of construction drawings and specifications, existing system studies and master planning efforts. Qualified candidates will meet with clients, project teams, code officials, contractors, and others to address mechanical issues to develop effective working relationships. The project clientele includes K-12 Education, Higher Education, Commercial, Health Care, Science and Technology, municipal and institutional Facilities.
- Develop HVAC system designs of a given project based on scope of work and/or client RFPs
- Provide engineering design, evaluation, and planning of mechanical systems for a variety of market types
- Perform Load/Energy calculations with software such as Trace 700, IES and similar programs
- Conduct existing building surveys and documentation of existing HVAC systems
- Develop system design calculations and selection of equipment for use in buildings
- Write/edit project specifications
- Prepare detailed design documents, reports, and studies
- Complete code compliance research
- Coordinate work with other disciplines
- Provide construction administration services
- Perform QA/QC of design work
- Oversee and provide guidance to junior engineers
- Lead project teams and serve as the primary contact for clients
- Assist in the procurement of new work; including the development of client relations and participation in project interviews
- You have a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- You possess a Professional Engineer (PE) license
- You have a LEED certification / experience
- You have a minimum of 8 years of design experience
- You have knowledge of the design of HVAC systems
- You have knowledge and understanding of codes, standards, and design guidelines
- Excellent work ethic and attitude
- Good communication skills, combined with organizational skills, the ability to plan, balance and prioritize work
- Ability to lead a team and work as a team
- Proficiency in Auto CAD, Revit, and MS Office
- Ability to travel
Location: Rochester, MN (Hybrid)
Dexian is a leading provider of staffing, IT, and workforce solutions with over 12,000 employees and 70 locations worldwide. As one of the largest IT staffing companies and the 2nd largest minority-owned staffing company in the U.S., Dexian was formed in 2023 through the merger of DISYS and Signature Consultants. Combining the best elements of its core companies, Dexian's platform connects talent, technology, and organizations to produce game-changing results that help everyone achieve their ambitions and goals.
Dexian's brands include Dexian DISYS, Dexian Signature Consultants, Dexian Government Solutions, Dexian Talent Development and Dexian IT Solutions. Visit https://dexian.com/ to learn more.
Dexian is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.