21 days ago
Title: Quality Inspector /Technician
Location: Waynesboro, PA 17268
Duration: 3 Months Contract
SHIFT: MONDAY-THURSDAY 6AM-4PM + OT (1ST)
Quality background - 1-2 years, strong attn to detail.
Work Schedule and shift. - Most likely Monday-Thursday 10-hour days (could be a Friday). Day shift.
This comes with a $1,000 bonus after 90 days, and then another 1,000 bonus after 6 months resetting after 90 days.
- Develops, implements and maintains quality control systems and standards, methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision, accuracy and reliability of company products, ensuring finished products conform to government and company standards and satisfy good manufacturing practices regulations.
- Conducts routine and non-routine analysis of raw materials, in-process items and finished product according to established operating procedures, calibrating and maintaining lab and analytical equipment.
- Documents test procedures that may include stability program testing and formulation studies for compliance to specifications and prepares investigations, summaries and reports of abnormalities.
- Makes recommendations for corrective action necessary to ensure conformity with quality specifications and develops testing and analysis methods and procedures in accordance with established guidelines and revises and updates standard operating procedures as needed.
- Provides technical support to the quality assurance and quality engineering functions by conducting inspections on products, materials,
components, parts, etc., at various stages of the production process.
- Reads and interprets complicated blueprints and specifications, including customer and vendor specifications, determining unstated or hidden dimensions from a blueprint, using fractions, decimals, and trigonometry; uses mechanical and electrical measuring tools.
- Uses magnifiers, electronic instruments, calipers, micrometers, snap gauges, and special fixtures and verifies calibration against standards.
- Develops and assesses alternative methods to achieve uniform quality including identifying process variables.
- Performs critical first-piece inspections and authorizes commencement of production.
- Sorts materials and/or marks defects for repairs.
- Inspections may require measurement to close tolerance requiring sensitive touch or judgment.
- Applies full skills and knowledge in area of specialization, typically acquired through a combination of job-related vocational training and relevant work experience (2+ years).
- Typically requires completion of high school diploma or equivalent.
Key Competencies/ Knowledge Application
- Selects from a variety of established procedures to accomplish tasks, but recognizes the need for occasional deviation.
- Duties and tasks are semi-standardized and routine.
- Develops skills in adapting procedures, techniques, and/or equipment to meet job requirements in area of specialization.
Dexian is a leading provider of staffing, IT, and workforce solutions with over 12,000 employees and 70 locations worldwide. As one of the largest IT staffing companies and the 2nd largest minority-owned staffing company in the U.S., Dexian was formed in 2023 through the merger of DISYS and Signature Consultants. Combining the best elements of its core companies, Dexian's platform connects talent, technology, and organizations to produce game-changing results that help everyone achieve their ambitions and goals.
Dexian's brands include Dexian DISYS, Dexian Signature Consultants, Dexian Government Solutions, Dexian Talent Development and Dexian IT Solutions. Visit https://dexian.com/ to learn more.
Dexian is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.