about 1 month ago
Position: IT Project Manager
Location: Richardson TX (Preferred) OR Chicago IL (Optional) - Hybrid: 3 days onsite required
Job Type: 6 months Contract to Hire
This position is responsible for leading Infrastructure and Security projects being accountable for end-to-end delivery of a project or program, including managing the cost / budget, schedule & dependencies; ensuring the project scope is aligned with the stated business objectives; providing a blend of technical and business acumen to drive the design, development and implementation of strategic Infrastructure and Security projects; building a sufficient level of knowledge of Infrastructure and Security to enable targeted probing of delivery feasibility and conflicts with other projects; setting and managing customer expectations; managing and escalating issues and changes; developing and maintaining relationships with project stakeholders to obtain project objectives while working in a matrix project environment; driving deliverables and activities with PDL and IT Product Managers or their program manager by removing barriers, and escalating risk/issues; and having a thorough understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle and project management and enterprise processes.
Required Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree with 5 years project management experience OR 7 years project management experience.
- Familiarity and experience with Project Management Methodologies (i.e. Project Management Institute's PMBOK), and experience in project delivery and management of large and/or complex projects.
- Understanding of project financial tracking including monitoring and reporting on budget expenditures.
- Experience in negotiations, managing conflict, and organizational / political savvy.
- Verbal and written communication skills, as well as meeting facilitation skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills; agility and flexibility to adapt to constantly changing priorities.
- Ability to create integrated, milestone-driven critical path project plans. Ability to multi-task and balance multiple competing priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to influence (direct / indirect reports, project stakeholders, and leaders), and manage in a matrix organization.
- Structured, organized and methodical in execution, takes ownership and accountability for outcomes, drives for results and drives certainty in delivery; able to manage multiple parallel efforts and deliver quality deliverables on schedule.
- Develops trusted relationships and demonstrates deep Interpersonal skills.
- Experience with the entire software development lifecycle from inception to development to testing to production deployment and maintenance; deep understanding of client delivery models OWF, Scrum, XP.
- Regular in-person attendance at the designated facility of the job posting.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Health care acumen and client experience
- Comfort/poise with senior management Leadership skills
- Knowledge of the Clarity PPM system, and expertise in MS Suite, including Excel, PPT, Word, Project.
Dexian is a leading provider of staffing, IT, and workforce solutions with over 12,000 employees and 70 locations worldwide. As one of the largest IT staffing companies and the 2nd largest minority-owned staffing company in the U.S., Dexian was formed in 2023 through the merger of DISYS and Signature Consultants. Combining the best elements of its core companies, Dexian's platform connects talent, technology, and organizations to produce game-changing results that help everyone achieve their ambitions and goals.
Dexian's brands include Dexian DISYS, Dexian Signature Consultants, Dexian Government Solutions, Dexian Talent Development and Dexian IT Solutions. Visit https://dexian.com/ to learn more.
Dexian is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.