about 1 month ago
Partner with a highly skilled team to lead and support business intelligence efforts across our clients' enterprise. We are looking for an experienced PowerBI Developer to work independently and with a team to lead a business critical initiative. The Developer will be responsible for coordinating with internal business and IT stakeholders to contribute to the implementation of designs in adherence with the organization's business intelligence strategy. Your success will be directly related to CGI's and our client's success.
This is a hybrid role. Work will be performed onsite 2-3 days per week, and may be performed remotely the remainder of the week.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Business Intelligence Developer serves in both a technical and functional capacity within the team. Their primary responsibility is to articulate the requirement into design and develop BI applications to address business needs.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for the following:
- Analyze, design, develop, implement, and support Business Intelligence solutions based on business requirements and technical specifications
- Create queries to support data analysis and ad hoc information requests
- Analyze existing queries and stand-alone reports to identify commonalities to consolidate into proper BI models and structures
- Design and develop logical and physical data models and frameworks to support reporting applications
- Follow established standards and best practices and provide input for improvement of those processes
- Analyze data to interpret trends, patterns and quality using statistical/analytical techniques and tools
- Manage performance of BI components through tuning and optimization
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following skills:
- Demonstrated experience in end-to-end deployments of Business Intelligence solutions
- Adept at SQL queries with experience in constructing/deconstructing complex reports and queries
- In depth understanding of data management concepts: data modeling; database design and development; tuning and optimization
- Expertise in understanding business process flow and designing reports with demonstrated experience in requirement gathering, business user interactions and converting requirements into specifications
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience working with standardized reporting packages (Power BI, OBIEE, QlikView, etc.), Knowledge of ETL tools (Informatica, ODI, SSIS, etc.) and databases (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Business Intelligence 5+ Advanced
SQL queries 3+ Intermediate
Data modeling, database development, tuning, and optimization 3+ Advanced
Reporting packages, ie PowerBI, OBIEE, QlikView 3+ Advanced
ETL tools ie: Informatica, ODI, SSIS, etc 3+ Advanced
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Exposure to Oracle ERP systems and experience navigating data models of similar enterprise applications
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
Dexian is a leading provider of staffing, IT, and workforce solutions with over 12,000 employees and 70 locations worldwide. As one of the largest IT staffing companies and the 2nd largest minority-owned staffing company in the U.S., Dexian was formed in 2023 through the merger of DISYS and Signature Consultants. Combining the best elements of its core companies, Dexian's platform connects talent, technology, and organizations to produce game-changing results that help everyone achieve their ambitions and goals.
Dexian's brands include Dexian DISYS, Dexian Signature Consultants, Dexian Government Solutions, Dexian Talent Development and Dexian IT Solutions. Visit https://dexian.com/ to learn more.
Dexian is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.