22 days ago
Position: Post gres data engineer
Duration: Contract to Hire (W2 ONLY)
Help chart the course for database technology! We need top technical talent to supplement our Database Engineering team. This team selects the operational database technologies our client will use, and figures out how best to set them up. We define, design, implement, test, and communicate the architectures, configurations, best practices, and standards for optimal use of database technologies across the company, both on-prem and in the cloud. We evaluate new and upgraded database versions, features, components and extensions for performance, throughput, scalability, availability, and security; and we partner with our hosting, database administration, and operational support teams to operationalize and harden OLTP technology for our top-tier financial applications.
This specific posting is for a software/infrastructure engineer with experience in installing, configuring, patching, upgrading, deploying and running Postgres databases. The candidate will put these skills to use by evaluating and preparing new and upgraded Postgres and Postgres-compatible offerings for use across the company, and by documenting, presenting and explaining the appropriate techniques, patterns and best practices for our hosting, database administration and operational support teams.
The candidate will bring solid knowledge of DBMS concepts such as ACID, CAP and consistency. The ideal candidate will have experience with enterprise-scale Postgres deployments, including intra- and inter-data-center high availability configurations, fault tolerance and failover, physical and logical replication, cluster management, automated provisioning, rolling upgrade techniques, backup & restoration techniques, security mechanisms, health monitoring and alerting techniques, and troubleshooting. The candidate will also bring knowledge of Postgres internals such as durability and replication settings, and performance tuning.
- Working under a lead engineer, and evaluating new versions of Pos Gres, and new add ons for back up.
- 3 years of Pos Gres- DB, or sys admin
- Unix- ability to navigate on the Unix command line
- General ppl skills, able to document and communicate
Additional desirable attributes
- Skill at the Unix command line
- The ability to write code or script, e.g. for test harnesses or other database-related tools and utilities
- Experience as a database administrator and/or a Unix system administrator
- Knowledge of virtualization and cloud infrastructures, and of implementations such as VMWare, OpenShift, Kubernetes and Docker
- Knowledge of AWS, Google Cloud, Azure or other public cloud offerings
- Knowledge of modern storage and compute technologies, including hyper-converged infrastructures
Bachelor's degree preferred.
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC (DISYS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.