20 days ago
Dexian is seeking a Oracle PL/SQL Developer for an opportunity with a client located in Houston, TX.
- Develop Oracle PL/SQL applications
- Code packages, stored procedures, functions, objects, tables, views, synonyms based on requirements
- Understand functionality of existing applications and either incorporate new functionality automate the calculations process or build new applications for the calculations process
- Work with IT Technical Lead understand requirements/technical design, understand the source tables and relationships, adhere consistent coding/SVN standards, code reviews, and provide daily status updates
- Work with the Commissions analyst understand the existing calculations process for each workstream and build, test, and UAT according their expectations
- Use Oracle Analytical functions, merge statements, WITH clause, oracle partitioning, job logging, exception handling, performance tuning and son in the Oracle PL/SQL code
- Optimize code by following performance tuning techniques considering limitations of current environment
- Unit test, System test, Integration test, and Parallel test of the Oracle PL/SQL code
- Use analytics skills troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly
- Use SVN maintain all database object scripts/source code
- Follow versioning standards established by the team
- Have code reviewed with Technical lead prior moving the code QA environment
- Create ControlM/Redwood job documents, create Change requests, and work with ControlM/Redwood get them created and scheduled
- Use ServiceNow ticketing system for opening, handling, and closing tickets and change requests
- Follow SOX procedures for code deployment
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant business discipline from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent work experience
- 15+ years of experience in Software development
- 12+ years of experience in Oracle 12c or 19c
- 12+ years of experience in Oracle PL/SQL development including experience using features like Analytical functions, merge statements, WITH clause, oracle partitioning, job logging, exception handling, performance tuning
- 3+ years of experience in a Data Warehouse environment
- Strong Analytical skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Team Player
- Flexibility, Dedication, Consistency, Integrity, and Enthusiasm a must
Dexian is a leading provider of staffing, IT, and workforce solutions with over 12,000 employees and 70 locations worldwide. As one of the largest IT staffing companies and the 2nd largest minority-owned staffing company in the U.S., Dexian was formed in 2023 through the merger of DISYS and Signature Consultants. Combining the best elements of its core companies, Dexian's platform connects talent, technology, and organizations to produce game-changing results that help everyone achieve their ambitions and goals.
Dexian's brands include Dexian DISYS, Dexian Signature Consultants, Dexian Government Solutions, Dexian Talent Development and Dexian IT Solutions. Visit https://dexian.com/ to learn more.
Dexian is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.