2 months ago
DISYS has an immediate opportunity available for a Linux Server (System) Administrator with our premier aerospace customer.
The Linux Server Administrator:
- Performs computing delivery system integration.
- Provides problem resolution and technical support for delivery systems.
- Administers user's system access to meet security requirements.
- Monitors system performance to support capacity planning, backup, and disaster recovery planning.
- Assists in the system integration, hardware and software installation, configuration and disposition of servers and workstations to support the architecture.
- Provides support for the design, validation, and implementation of changes to computing delivery systems.
- Performs system monitoring and backup and restore procedures to ensure system and data availability.
- Administers user's system access to meet security requirements and performs problem resolution as appropriate.
- Works under general supervision and requires no instructions for routine work; receives general instructions for special assignments.
- Assignments are reviewed for sound technical judgment and overall adequacy.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Assists with the implementation of established security requirements.
- Implements safeguards to protect information against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure to meet emergency data processing needs.
- Implement, manage, and monitor information security reports and implement established security measures.
- Installation of patches, kick-starting a new system, modifying security files, control files and data access and corrects errors.
- Follows established procedures in the management of user system access to meet security requirements.
- Assists with the implementation of hardware and software security measures for transmission and storage of information.
- Performs system monitoring using approved tools and processes to validate system health.
- Design of backup and restore procedures to ensure system and data availability.
- Design of the delivery system to meet customer requirements.
- System integration, hardware and software installation, configuration, and disposition of servers to support the architecture specially Cisco hardware.
- Assists in the validation of end-to-end system functionality through unit and integration testing.
- Collects, maintains, and reports IT infrastructure information across distributed systems and multiple support groups.
- Updates system baseline information that describes computing systems and networks including all hardware and software components.
- Assists in implementing system changes by using standardized methods and procedures for efficient and prompt handling of all changes to improve day-to-day operations.
- Performs problem resolution as appropriate by using applicable computing processes. Assists others in complex problem resolution for delivery systems.
- Documents resolutions/analyses according to support procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 5+ years Linux Server Administration experience in an enterprise/classified environment
- Ability to document policies and procedures.
- Ability to train new employees, as needed.
- Makes use of and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts.
- Mid to advanced skill level in the following:
- Administration level of Linux based operating systems, including Centos, Ubuntu and RedHat
- Networking, server sizing and server capacity planning, security hardening, and OS installation
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity concepts
- Database, web server, enterprise backup software administration
- Server vulnerability remediation
- Backup systems and capacity planning
- Hypervisors: VMware
- Networking: iSCSI, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NFS, CIFS
- Docker containerization strategies
- Tools: McAfee ePO, NetBackup, Veeam, or similar backup technologies
- Monitoring: Nagios, Splunk, Sentinel
- Server OS: Linux RHEL 7.x, CentOS 7.x, Rock Clusters
- Patch Management: BigFix, Puppet, Yum
- Physical Servers: Cisco UCS, UCS Manager, Isilon cluster - NAS, NFS, CIFS
- Application: Matlab, Mathematica, ServiceNow, Netbackup, PBIS Likewise, FlexLM, Gitlab, Github
- Scripting: Bash, Shell, Python
- VMware: ESXi 6x (or two most recent versions)
- HP: C3000, C7000, HP Proliant, iLo
- Associate's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or similar course of study required; Bachelor's Degree desired
- IAT Level-2 Technical Certification (CompTIA Security+ or equivalent) within 90 days of hire
This position requires an active Department of Defense security clearance at the Secret level OR candidate must be eligible to obtain a security clearance.
U.S. citizens only are eligible for security clearance and will be considered for this position.
- U.S. Citizen (not dual)
- Submit/Pass a 10-year Dept. of Defense background check, criminal history, drug screening, and fingerprints.
- Valid driver's license/Real-ID with clean driver's history.
- Applicant must have a strong work ethic, be extremely organized and detail-oriented, be a self-starter with excellent time-management, problem solving, and multitasking skills.
- Applicant must have excellent front-facing / face-to-face customer service skills.
- Problem solving skills from active listening and educating customers through resolution and a set of expectations.
- Excellent communication skills (in English), both verbal and written, to articulate details in a professional manager.
- Position may require ability to sit, stand, walk extended distances, bend, stoop, squat and lift to 35 lbs. from the floor to desktop for extended periods of time.
- Experience with a ticketing system like ServiceNow a plus.
Dexian reasonably expects to pay $47.00 - $60.00 per hour plus benefits to include PTO, Health, Vision and Dental benefits, matching 401k, etc.
Dexian is a leading provider of staffing, IT, and workforce solutions with over 12,000 employees and 70 locations worldwide. As one of the largest IT staffing companies and the 2nd largest minority-owned staffing company in the U.S., Dexian was formed in 2023 through the merger of DISYS and Signature Consultants. Combining the best elements of its core companies, Dexian's platform connects talent, technology, and organizations to produce game-changing results that help everyone achieve their ambitions and goals.
Dexian's brands include Dexian DISYS, Dexian Signature Consultants, Dexian Government Solutions, Dexian Talent Development and Dexian IT Solutions. Visit https://dexian.com/ to learn more.
Dexian is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.