City of Berry Hill
3 months ago
W-2 contract to hire job for desktop support L2 consultant. This job will travel one day per week to Franklin, TN which is approximately 45 min away. Mileage is reimbursed.
Pay Rate: $28 per hour + travel reimbursement
Position: L2 Desktop Support
Location: Lebanon, TN
Duration: 6 month contract to hire with benefits
Provides strategic and operational support to the ITI (Information Technology Infrastructure) Enterprise Desktop Support team. The Desktop Support Technician is responsible for providing software and hardware technical support to the end-user community. Responsibilities include involvement in client installations, day to day asset management, vendor warranty repairs, and participation in projects to meet local and company-wide initiatives. Additionally, this position will support a customer care philosophy that ensures customer satisfaction and follow up with colleagues and end users, to ensure timely resolution of issues. The ability to assist with projects between internal departments is required. Strong relationships with IT departments and key customers are crucial to success.
- Technician will be based at a local store and support all stores within that region. Regional stores will be visited on a consistent basis.
- Provide customer support, which includes incident, problem, and service request resolution for customers.
- Respond to the organization's changing business requirements reducing incidents and disruption while maximizing value and decreasing re-work.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in supported organizations to ensure a strong alignment between service targets and meeting customer objectives.
- Inspire L1's to achieve the highest possible levels of customer satisfaction, duties include championing operational excellence initiatives involving the continued maturing of ITIL-based processes.
- Support service improvement initiatives, support change and engage stakeholders including internal customers, peers, staff, and outside suppliers to achieve improvements in performance.
- Develop technical documentation to add to the department knowledgebase to ensure appropriate knowledge transfer and knowledge sharing.
- Managing and monitoring of service levels with internal customers and vendors.
- Provide support to Facilities, IT and Security Operations as part of Tech Ops DCFM portfolio management.
- Validation of compliance to policies, standards, process, procedures, controls and oversee enforcement efforts to ensure services are being provided with a high level of quality.
- Works efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to produce high quality material with meticulous attention to detail.
- Assist subject matter expert (SME) for service ticket escalations and engagement of resolver groups.
- Maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, and repair computer systems and peripherals.
- Represent the interests of our customers by providing support and appropriate escalation to Desktop Support Site Leads and other IT functions when issues cannot be resolved.
- Participate on projects that require Tech Ops involvement.
- Mentoring and guidance for Level 1 Tech Ops associates.
- Identify inefficiencies and initiate process improvement to remediate.
- Document changes of IT assets such as status and ownership.
- Three or more years of relevant professional work experience in supporting an enterprise desktop environment.
- Candidates need to have verifiable expertise with:
- Current Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Presentation of technical information
- Participation in projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Mentoring others
- Candidates should have advance knowledge of:
- ITIL Fundamentals
- Working with service levels
- ITSM tools
- Candidates should be familiar with:
- Working as a member of a large enterprise IT team
- Desktop Systems Management tools such as SCCM
- Supporting retail and warehouse environment
Dexian is a leading provider of staffing, IT, and workforce solutions with over 12,000 employees and 70 locations worldwide. As one of the largest IT staffing companies and the 2nd largest minority-owned staffing company in the U.S., Dexian was formed in 2023 through the merger of DISYS and Signature Consultants. Combining the best elements of its core companies, Dexian's platform connects talent, technology, and organizations to produce game-changing results that help everyone achieve their ambitions and goals.
Dexian's brands include Dexian DISYS, Dexian Signature Consultants, Dexian Government Solutions, Dexian Talent Development and Dexian IT Solutions. Visit https://dexian.com/ to learn more.
Dexian is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.