16 days ago
Java / Big Data Developer
Skills you must have:
This position requires a BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or related field with 7+ years of prior experience in software development, Data Engineering and Business Intelligence OR equivalent experience.
Following are the some of the key skills that you must have:
- 7+ years of strong programming background with Java/Python/Scala
- At least 3+ years of experience working on Data Integration projects using Hadoop MapReduce, Spark, Hive, Hbase and other related Big Data technologies
- Some working experience building Kafka based data ingestion/retrieval programs
- Experience tuning Hadoop/Spark/hive parameters for optimal performance
- Strong SQL query writing and data analysis skills
- Good shell scripting experience
- Rigor in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices, ability to write reusable code components
Skills nice to have:
- Healthcare experience
- Cloudera Developer certification
- Cloud Development experience
Day to Day responsibilities:
- Work with Data Analysts and other team members to review business requirements and translate into technical requirements
- Collaborate with application architects and data solution architects
- Design and Build Data Integration pipeline using Cloudera Hadoop platform
- Transform the data to create a consumable data layer for various application uses
- Support Data pipeline with bug fixes, and additional enhancements
- Document Technical design , Operational Runbook etc.
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC (DISYS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.