23 days ago
Dexian is seeking a Engineering Architect III for an opportunity with a client located in Philadelphia, PA.
- Manage lab activities including planning development tests, acquiring test equipment, consumables materials, running tests, writing test reports, working with the optics team and strategic partners to evaluate, troubleshoot, and further improve or develop new products
- Developing and documenting the processes and procedures to evaluate optical components, modules, and systems
- Set-up of evaluation platforms, switches, routers, etc. leveraging knowledge in networking (IP and Ethernet)
- Work with different parts of the organization to plan, develop, and support multiple concurrent projects from conception through development and trials, to general availability across Client
- Strong initiative to build relationships both internally and externally with minimal supervision/direction from management
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years working in optical components and/or optics telecommunications systems
- Expertise in SFP, QSFP, CFP2, PON, FTTX, Ethernet optical transceivers to 100 Gbps
- Optical passives, splitters, couplers, isolators, filters (DWDM, CWDM)
- Well versed in Broadband, RF and optical lab and field test and measurement equipment and techniques
- Optical measurements including wavelength, spectrum analysis, OSNR and OTDR
- Experience with ethernet communication systems, protocols, switches, routers
Dexian is a leading provider of staffing, IT, and workforce solutions with over 12,000 employees and 70 locations worldwide. As one of the largest IT staffing companies and the 2nd largest minority-owned staffing company in the U.S., Dexian was formed in 2023 through the merger of DISYS and Signature Consultants. Combining the best elements of its core companies, Dexian's platform connects talent, technology, and organizations to produce game-changing results that help everyone achieve their ambitions and goals.
Dexian's brands include Dexian DISYS, Dexian Signature Consultants, Dexian Government Solutions, Dexian Talent Development and Dexian IT Solutions. Visit https://dexian.com/ to learn more.
Dexian is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.