3 months ago
Job Title: Embedded Firmware Engineer
Job Location: REMOTE
Job Duration: 6+ month contract
Job Overview: Will execute a complete embedded software development lifecycle, with a primary focus on Embedded Firmware applications, with the goal to create scalable and optimized software systems. Using various technologies and algorithms (GPS, Cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ISM RF, alcohol detection, tamper detection, encryption) Allied Universal EM Inc's battery-operated wearable M2M/IoT devices are used to monitor and track criminal offenders and securely communicate with our cloud servers to provide a robust and highly scalable solution.
- Design, implement, and test software of embedded devices and systems from requirements to production and commercial deployment.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability, and scalability of system resources.
- Integrate and validate new product designs with a focus on optimizing I/O performance.
- Support legacy embedded tracking solutions and add new features and enhancements as required.
- Effectively collaborate and network with numerous internal and external organizations including Hardware Engineering, Software Development, Quality Assurance, and Account Reps in the field.
- Actively participate in code reviews to a peer audience with clear written and verbal communications.
- Assess third party libraries and open-source software.
- Help coordinate development with our sister organizations based in the UK and Tel Aviv via email, conference calls, video conferencing and some limited travel.
- Help integrate merged division's legacy products into our USA based legacy EM System.
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing software for real-time embedded firmware solutions.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in C / C++ in embedded devices.
- Proficient with build environments, compilers, and linker functionality
- Experience working with microcontrollers, embedded RTOS, and debuggers and ability to read schematics.
- Experience in hardware/software integrations, Drivers, and Embedded Linux is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or computer/Electrical Engineering, master's degree is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, organization and communication skills
- Ability to understand existing code base with limited documentation.
- Strong debugging skills (both hardware and software)
- Experience working in an R&D team environment with strong interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with the following preferred:
- ARM compilers, Keil IDE, and IAR toolchains
- NXP, Freescale, STM32 microcontrollers
- Data/RF Communications protocols such as SPI, I2C, IR, C, Wi-Fi, BLE, ISM, TCP/IP
- GPS modules and chipset, LTE/5G Cellular modems
- Electronic sensors and User Interface designs
- Work with CI/CD technologies like: GitLab, Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally if needed.
Dexian is a leading provider of staffing, IT, and workforce solutions with over 12,000 employees and 70 locations worldwide. As one of the largest IT staffing companies and the 2nd largest minority-owned staffing company in the U.S., Dexian was formed in 2023 through the merger of DISYS and Signature Consultants. Combining the best elements of its core companies, Dexian's platform connects talent, technology, and organizations to produce game-changing results that help everyone achieve their ambitions and goals.
Dexian's brands include Dexian DISYS, Dexian Signature Consultants, Dexian Government Solutions, Dexian Talent Development and Dexian IT Solutions. Visit https://dexian.com/ to learn more.
Dexian is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.