about 2 months ago
Dexian has immediate opportunities available with our premier customer that is a leading C5I innovator and geospatial expert in National Security. Our customer exists to deliver geospatial systems that provide services for soldiers and analysts working on national security issues. As a DevSecOps Engineer you will be directly supporting SOCOM customers with quick reaction support, focused on data, tools and technology. You will work as part of an Agile Operational team to translate real-world needs into technical specifications, making you an integral part of delivering customer focused engineering solutions.
The DevSecOps Engineer will ideally have five to eight years' technical experience and be responsible for researching, developing, implementing, testing, operating, and integrating COTS, GOTS, and Open-Source applications. The Engineer will design and maintain multiple DevOps pipelines that are deployed into the larger system infrastructure. Deployment will be across multiple networks into hybrid architectures with a true big-data footprint (over 10 perabytes). In addition, the DevSecOps Engineer will be responsible for the operations of the Operating System in both virtual and physical environments.
The DevSecOps Engineer will:
- Integrate Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) / Government-off-the-Shelf (GOTS) / and Open-Source applications and configure network and component configurations in support of software delivery to national security customers .
- Analyze and comprehend current system functional requirements to identify process and tool integration needs, system dependencies, integration points, system interfaces, and data flows.
- Be responsible for system design, development, architecture, and integration of in-house and third-party developed software packages into the baseline operations. The individual will conduct technical analysis of complex infrastructure and integration challenges and report findings to stakeholders.
- Design and implement scripts to automatically configure machine environments using tools such as Ansible, Kubernetes, or Terraform.
- Provide input to design and development teams, and monitor progress and productivity through the use of metrics.
Required Technology Stack:
- Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker/Podman, Rancher, Terraform
- Nomad, Consul, Vault,
- YAML, Bash and Python
- Red Hat Linux 7 / 8, or any other Linux distro
Desired Technology Experience:
- Cloud frameworks: AWS, VMWare, Azure, etc.
- Operating Systems: RH 8, Rocky Linux 8, Windows Server 2012R2
- Scripting languages: Bash, Python, Ruby, or PHP
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or related field
- Sec+, Network+, CEH or CISSP; desired
This position requires an active Department of Defense security clearance at the Top Secret level with ability to obtain SCI access and willingness to obtain a Polygraph
U.S. citizens only are eligible for security clearance and this position
- Herndon, VA and Denver, CO
- Our customer reasonably expects to offer $120,000.00 to $140,000.00 annually for this position
Our customer is a fast-paced small business that has the environment and culture of a start-up, with the stability and benefits of a well-established firm. They solve complex problems within geospatial software development and national defense to make an Immediate Impact for our nation's soldiers and analysts.
Our customer prides itself on giving employees an exceptional life experience, where creativity thrives, and challenges are simply part of the fun. We provide truly excellent benefits, including:
· 100% paid employee healthcare & dental insurance
· Paid parental leave
· 401k with matching
· Escalating vacation time
· Referral bonuses
· Tuition reimbursement
· Professional development training
· Free beverages and snacks
· Weekly catered lunches and breakfast on Fridays
Dexian and our customer are Equal Opportunity Employers committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce and make hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Dexian is a leading provider of staffing, IT, and workforce solutions with over 12,000 employees and 70 locations worldwide. As one of the largest IT staffing companies and the 2nd largest minority-owned staffing company in the U.S., Dexian was formed in 2023 through the merger of DISYS and Signature Consultants. Combining the best elements of its core companies, Dexian's platform connects talent, technology, and organizations to produce game-changing results that help everyone achieve their ambitions and goals.
Dexian's brands include Dexian DISYS, Dexian Signature Consultants, Dexian Government Solutions, Dexian Talent Development and Dexian IT Solutions. Visit https://dexian.com/ to learn more.
Dexian is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.