about 1 month ago
Dexian is seeking a Database Administrator V for an opportunity with a client in Montgomery, AL.
- The ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of people as one of three onsite DB2 z/OS application DBAs for the customer
- Demonstrate proficiency with the DB2 Relational Database Management System (RDBMS)
- Prepare for, participate in and provide a DB2 and application performance and tuning perspective from initial development design
- through implementation
- Use your experience with DB2 to address and resolve problems
- Tune the SQL statements in application programs for assigned projects from initial design, development through production
- Logical & physical database design for projects
- Database maintenance, on-call rotation, problem determination and resolution, database security. Candidate will be part of a 24 hour on call support team and will need to work off hours on some weekends and holidays
- Evaluate new products and tools, test and implement new or upgraded software
- Collaborate on annual ALECS Disaster Recovery exercises
- Design, implement and support database and application backup and recovery solutions using IBM and BMC tools
- Upgrade and maintain DB2 and related 3rd party software at or above release levels of N-1
- Adhere to all contract SLAs
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Science, Business Administration, Mathematics or related field with 6 years of experience. An addition 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree requirement
- Minimum of 6 years of IT Mainframe experience
- Minimum of 5 years of DB2 zOS mainframe DBA experience
- Minimum 3 years of COBOL/DB2 mainframe application software development database administration support
- Experience with DB2 Connect
- BMC third party software experience (Catalog, Change, DASD, and Recovery Manager, Load, Unload, Copy, Recover, SQL Explorer, Apptune, Logmaster)
- Ability to troubleshoot mainframe and distributed processing problems in a DB2 Connect Enterprise server environment
- Ability to directly interfacing with clients from end users to project management, sensitive to clients needs, able to develop warm client relationships
- Ability to travel to annual off site disaster recovery exercise
Dexian is a leading provider of staffing, IT, and workforce solutions with over 12,000 employees and 70 locations worldwide. As one of the largest IT staffing companies and the 2nd largest minority-owned staffing company in the U.S., Dexian was formed in 2023 through the merger of DISYS and Signature Consultants. Combining the best elements of its core companies, Dexian's platform connects talent, technology, and organizations to produce game-changing results that help everyone achieve their ambitions and goals.
Dexian's brands include Dexian DISYS, Dexian Signature Consultants, Dexian Government Solutions, Dexian Talent Development and Dexian IT Solutions. Visit https://dexian.com/ to learn more.
Dexian is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.