about 1 month ago
The main function of a data entry specialist is to operate data entry devices, such as a keyboard or computer, to verify and input data. A typical data entry specialist is responsible for accurate information documentation and personal project management. Technical skills include documentation skills and time management.
- Read source documents such as canceled checks, sales reports, or bills, and enter data in specific data fields or onto tapes or disks for subsequent entry, using keyboards or scanners.
- Compile, sort and verify the accuracy of data before it is entered.
- Locate and correct data entry errors or report them to supervisors.
- Maintain logs of activities and completed work.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as MS Word and Excel.
- Completion of a speed and accuracy data entry test (May be required).
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 0-2 years related experience required.
Dexian is a leading provider of staffing, IT, and workforce solutions with over 12,000 employees and 70 locations worldwide. As one of the largest IT staffing companies and the 2nd largest minority-owned staffing company in the U.S., Dexian was formed in 2023 through the merger of DISYS and Signature Consultants. Combining the best elements of its core companies, Dexian's platform connects talent, technology, and organizations to produce game-changing results that help everyone achieve their ambitions and goals.
Dexian's brands include Dexian DISYS, Dexian Signature Consultants, Dexian Government Solutions, Dexian Talent Development and Dexian IT Solutions. Visit https://dexian.com/ to learn more.
Dexian is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.