about 1 month ago
Job Title - Data Engineer 3
Job Location -Chicago IL || Peoria, IL (Hybrid 3 days onsite, 2 days remote)
Job Duration - 12 Months
- Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
- Modify existing databases and database management systems.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system.
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Basic mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Knowledge of logical data modeling and physical data modeling.
- Knowledge of computer software, such as SQL, Visual Basic, Oracle, etc.
- Associate degree in computer programming or a relevant field required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5-7 years' experience required.
Typical task breakdown:
- This role will be responsible for managing tasks with varying timelines, including requesting support as needed. This may include getting clarity of requests from customers or guidance on data sources from teammates.
- Use Tableau and Power BI to create solutions
- Use SQL to query data in Snowflake
- Manage multiple projects for internal customers simultaneously
- Clearly communicate and document project progress, roadblocks, and anticipated timelines
- Seek information about the real, underlying needs of their customers, beyond those expressed initially, and match those needs to available (or customized) products or services
- Support team members as needed
Interaction with team:
- I hold weekly 1:1 meetings with all team members, and we have a weekly team meeting and code review. Our team is structured in pods with a lead and 2 team members. We have in-person team meetings 3-4 times per year. Department and division meetings are held regularly.
- Infrequent travel required (less than 10% of working time); may include international locations.
- Minimum 3 years' experience with Tableau or Power BI-must be able to connect multiple data sources and build front-end aesthetics that conform to the team look and feel
- SQL (ability to write complex queries - will request sample queries at interview stage)
- Minimum 3 years' experience with Python
- Minimum 3 years' experience with Snowflake
- Experience working with different databases (ex - Snowflake, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server)
- Proven success working in a complex matrix environment.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills
- Confidence to request support or ask questions to gain clarity as needed.
- Willingness to support teammates and work in a highly collaborative environment
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to share knowledge and support teammates on projects
- Excellent communication skills and experience presenting to senior stakeholders
- A proven track record of building cross-functional relationships with diversified departments
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- A strong customer focus and awareness of company products and product applications
- Inability to clearly communicate in English
- Unwillingness to engage in team projects or support teammates with expertise
- Beginner level capability in writing queries
- Insufficient hands-on experience
Analyst background without sufficient experience building dashboards (ex - Tableau/PowerBI consumers without experience building said dashboards)
Thanks and Regards,
Dexian is a leading provider of staffing, IT, and workforce solutions with over 12,000 employees and 70 locations worldwide. As one of the largest IT staffing companies and the 2nd largest minority-owned staffing company in the U.S., Dexian was formed in 2023 through the merger of DISYS and Signature Consultants. Combining the best elements of its core companies, Dexian's platform connects talent, technology, and organizations to produce game-changing results that help everyone achieve their ambitions and goals.
Dexian's brands include Dexian DISYS, Dexian Signature Consultants, Dexian Government Solutions, Dexian Talent Development and Dexian IT Solutions. Visit https://dexian.com/ to learn more.
Dexian is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.