23 days ago
Position: CVP, Solution Architect
Location: Tampa, FL (Onsite T,W,TH)
Duration: Direct Hire (PERM)
The Solution Architect provides technical expertise, leadership and governance spanning multiple platforms focusing on service-related applications and data, and related technologies.
Researches, designs, and implements complex technical solutions supporting business capabilities required by our client.
Interacts with business partners and other Systems department personnel as the Solutions Architect to design comprehensive technology solutions which align with the business objectives in overall support of the clients Tampa Operations business customers.
Collaborates with Architecture teammates on direction for platform/pattern changes, evaluation and selection of software product standards and design of standard software configurations.
- Provide technical expertise on complex projects.
- Evaluate and analyze new technologies to address business requirements.
- Maintain an awareness of upcoming technological advances, product offerings and their implications to the existing Infrastructure.
- Apply technical knowledge to develop, implement, support and maintain the technical components of the infrastructure.
- Direct independent technical research of new technology capabilities.
- Understand, advocate for and augment the principles of information technology strategies.
- Analyze enterprise business drivers to determine corresponding change requirements.
- Analyze the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Analyze technology industry and market trends and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
- "Sell" the architecture process, its outcome and ongoing results.
- Define the principles to guide solution decisions for the enterprise.
- Design and lead the implementation of solutions based on enterprise business requirements and IT strategies.
- Design, direct and perform the governance activities associated with ensuring solution compliance.
- Develop road maps of the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from current to future state.
- Coordinate solution architecture implementation activities.
- Consult with application or infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the solution architecture to accommodate project needs.
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures, or culture) and financial impact of solution implementations.
- Produce solution architecture design and analysis documentation.
- Work closely with the program management office (PMO) to ensure alignment of plans and deliverables.
- Assist in cross-training dev team members in application system components, improving team members' technical skills and in maintaining current standards.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution for system issues as required.
- Performs other assignments to comply with Corporate Information mission, and to enable the Company to increase revenue, to become easier to do business with, to reduce unit costs, to reduce time to market and to increase customer and agent satisfaction
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, and at least seven years of applicable application development experience.
- Experience with distributed architecture frameworks and cross platform integration.
- Detailed understanding of development methodologies and solution architectures.
- Proven technical experience with Software Development and processes.
- Strong analysis and design skills with a focus on system design and flow and appropriate information security practices.
- Experience with designing and implementing high volume, mission critical, production systems.
- In-depth understanding of SOA, Web services, Messaging (MQ) and XML, SOAP/WSDL and REST/WADL.
- 7+ years' experience in architecting & designing enterprise level software products.
- Ability to practice positive employee relations and develop self and others.
- Ability to perform employee mentoring and coaching actions as necessary.
- Self-motivated to identify, analyze and independently work to find solutions and follow issues.
- Possess excellent judgment and analytical skills including detailed planning and project management.
- Resourcefulness in accomplishing objectives and completing tasks.
- Independent decision making since most duties require evaluating a number of elements and alternatives generally involving extensive research.
- Ability to perform duties with limited supervision.
- Ability to perform assignments without review and keep supervisor informed of progress and results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of Life Insurance, Marketing and/or Telemarketing systems and applications.
- Knowledge and experience with life insurance business application packages.
- Extensive experience with one or more of the following:
- MuleSoft ESB application design and development experience with local and cloud-based environments
- Distributed (.NET/Java) programming languages and development platforms
- Pega-based applications
- Business Process Management Systems (BPMS) such as PegaRULES Process Commander (PegaSystems)
- DevOps and Continuous Integration processes and systems
- ACORD Life and Annuity XML standard
- AWS and/or Azure-based cloud environments
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC (DISYS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.