24 days ago
24 + months
Onsite 1 week per month in Durham NC
We are currently sourcing for an Oracle Cloud DBA to work in Durham NC.
As a database engineer within ECC Database Operational team, you will interface with Operation leaders, Subject matter experts, Business processes owners, and technology teams. You will provide support to our Development, Test, and Production environments. In this position you will be responsible for the administration and maintenance of multiple database vendors, but your primary responsibilities will be to enable database migration to cloud.
The Database Operational Team is part of the larger Enterprise Cloud Computing Database Group that is responsible for design, implementation, and maintenance of Databases in both on prem and in the cloud. Our mission is to operate a highly available and resilient database platform both on-premises and in the cloud through automation with integrated security and testing.
- Extensive experience working with Jenkins, Groovy , shell , Python , BOTO , TerraForm
- Proven experience with AWS and Azure CLI , CFT and ARM templates
- Hands-on experience implementing CI/CD pipelines.
- Familiarity with next generation databases like Aerospike , Yugabyte , Cockroach etc .
- Passionate about working in a DevOps culture .
- Passionate about brainstorming with team and having problem solving mindset .
- Proven experience with database performance tuning
- Strong technical skills to learn and passionate about new technologies and cloud trends.
- Experience working in globally distributed teams.
- Your ability to perform as team member
- Passion for technology and do not limit yourself to a set of languages or frameworks.
- Proven track record of critical thinking and able to translate business needs into technology solutions.
- Ability to learn things quickly .
- Your experience in proven delivery and proposing solutions, roadmaps and collaboratively defining solutions and the needed architecture to enable it
- Your ability to build support among key partners across business units for proposed strategies and solutions
- You have clear presentation, documentation, and communication skills
Dexian is a leading provider of staffing, IT, and workforce solutions with over 12,000 employees and 70 locations worldwide. As one of the largest IT staffing companies and the 2nd largest minority-owned staffing company in the U.S., Dexian was formed in 2023 through the merger of DISYS and Signature Consultants. Combining the best elements of its core companies, Dexian's platform connects talent, technology, and organizations to produce game-changing results that help everyone achieve their ambitions and goals.
Dexian's brands include Dexian DISYS, Dexian Signature Consultants, Dexian Government Solutions, Dexian Talent Development and Dexian IT Solutions. Visit https://dexian.com/ to learn more.
Dexian is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.