about 1 month ago
24 + months
Onsite 1 week per month in Durham NC
Local candidates only
The Cloud DevOps Engineer will assist with the initial design, establish standard methodologies, and provide proof of concepts for Azure and AWS Cloud Service deployments. This person will operate in a hybrid cloud environment that spans multi-tenant private datacenters and public cloud.
In cooperation with other internal teams, this position delivers the highest level of technical expertise and excellence in cloud management to meet the customers' established expectations. The team member works across multiple teams to define cloud architecture, technology requirements, policies and standards!
- Knowledge in a variety Cloud data technologies and tools:
- Cloud data stores (AWS S3, Azure Blob Storage, AWS RDS, Azure SQL MI)
- Cloud ETL/ELT tools (Apache Airflow, Azure Data Factory, Apache Kafka, Striim)
- Or, other related technologies
- Design and implementation of continuous delivery pipelines that serve the purpose of provisioning non-prod and production environments
- Develop deployment automation for any type of workload (Application, database, caching, Mobile, etc.,) on Azure using industry standard deployment and configuration tools.
- Develop tools and solutions to integrate, automate, and orchestrate cloud operational needs using Automation, Azure DevOps and ARM templates.
- Define and bring in "Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment" standard methodologies
- Recommend a migration and consolidation strategy for DevOps tools
- Manage DevOps security and compliance
- Partner with Development teams to identify the workload patterns and deliver the suitable deployment automation
- Document deployment automation and pipeline details and optimally socialize with DEV teams to educate and leverage
- Provide systems support including responding to monitoring alerts.
- Implement and stay abreast of Cloud and DevOps industry standard methodologies and tooling
- Certification in AWS or Azure Cloud - DevOps engineer, Developer, Solutions Architect, or Data Engineer
- Manage highly available systems such as Kubernetes.
In addition to hands-on responsibility, the following activities may involve oversight of others' work:
- Maintain and verify system documentation
- Maintain security standards in Azure per the Security benchmarks
- Evaluate alternatives for solving problems or improving processes and procedures.
- Azure/AWS Cloud platform experience
- Azure/AWS service including Kubernetes experience (AKS/EKS)
- Public Cloud automation using Azure/AWS DevOps and ARM templates
- Scripting languages and automate processes: Helm Charts, Yaml, JSON and Python
- Continuous Integration tools and strategies
- Problem solving and resolution (root cause identification)
- Linux/Unix OS
- Network security
- Database technologies SQL and NOSQL
- PostgreSQL, Azure Sql / Oracle databases
- Designing and developing CI/CD pipelines for automated application deployments, using Jenkins, Spinnaker, UDeploy Artifactory, BitBucket and Docker Container tools.
- Experience in developing innovative cloud solutions for scalability, reliability, security, and performance
- Prefer college degree in Computer Science or related field
- Cloud Technical Certifications; preferred Azure
- One of the certification in Kubernetes such as CKAD/CKA would a great plus.
Dexian is a leading provider of staffing, IT, and workforce solutions with over 12,000 employees and 70 locations worldwide. As one of the largest IT staffing companies and the 2nd largest minority-owned staffing company in the U.S., Dexian was formed in 2023 through the merger of DISYS and Signature Consultants. Combining the best elements of its core companies, Dexian's platform connects talent, technology, and organizations to produce game-changing results that help everyone achieve their ambitions and goals.
Dexian's brands include Dexian DISYS, Dexian Signature Consultants, Dexian Government Solutions, Dexian Talent Development and Dexian IT Solutions. Visit https://dexian.com/ to learn more.
Dexian is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.