17 days ago
Digital Intelligence Systems (DISYS) is looking for a talented Quality Assurance Engineer with 3 to 5 years of Quality Assurance and Accessibility testing experience to join our collaborative team at a foremost Healthcare provider in downtown Oakland, CA. The main focus of this long-term engagement is on Accessibility and UI/UX testing.
To be eligible, Consultants must currently reside in the San Francisco Bay Area or be willing to relocate prior to the commencement of this multi-year engagement.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze product and technical user stories and create and execute relevant testable scenarios;
- Prepare Test Strategy documentation;
- Develop, maintain and execute test automation using Selenium;
- Participate in release planning, sprint planning, and technical design reviews; provide input as appropriate;
- Partner with engineers, business owners, and other team members as appropriate;
- Find and appropriately document defects, and validate fixes;
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of project;
- Provide status updates to peers and escalate issues appropriately.
- Experience in Accessibility Testing and Agile methodology;
- Experience testing large, complex content-based web application with UI/UX testing experience;
- Experience with Accessibility testing tools on different platforms;
- Experience testing various Platforms (Web browsers/Mobile);
- Experience in preparing test plans, test cases and test strategy documentation;
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of formal testing methodologies, test automation techniques, user guide validation and defect reporting processes;
- Ability to implement technical solutions which meet all functional/non-functional requirements;
- Should be able to test the designs and configuration changes provided;
- Possess excellent communication - verbal and written skills.
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC (DISYS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.